The following groups/organisations have been successful in their bids for Freshney Ward Community First Funding.
- DK’s Fun House – £2469.00 This money has been used to purchase soft play equipment to use in sessions for parents and children under five
- Discovery Kids Holiday Club – £937.29 This money has purchased play equipment to use around the theme of seaside and will culminate in a day out to Skegness
- The Jubilee Club – £600.00 This money is to go towards coach hire and part entrance fees for two days out for the newly formed Jubilee Club for the over 50’s
- St. Nicolas’ Distict Church Council – £2110.00 This money is to go towards a conservation project within the church grounds
- Gyoko Taiko – £2000.00 This money is being used to write and produce a new Taiko drumming piece ‘A Song for Grimsby’ by providing Taio training for residents and a final show to be held at one of the local schools
- Chatteris House Gardening Project – £1990.00 This money is being used to purchase raised planters for the residents along with miscellaneous garden tools, plants, soil and decorative slate
- Commuity Planters (Grimsby in Bloom) – £1202.00 Thjis money will be used to replant the planters around the Wybers Wood shopping area and to purchase bulbs for planting around Freshney Ward
- Great Coates WI – £335.00 This money was to organise an open day to display what the WI does and thereby attract more members
- CARE – Parenting Course – £264.16 This money is being used to deliver a parenting course to Freshney Ward Families
- CARE – Food Larder – £376.11 This money has been used to purchase equipment and publicity leaflets to enable the project to operate in conjunction with the Freshney Ward Drop In at the Willows Community Church
- Play & Music Tots – £830.92 This money has been used to puurchase replacement toys and an overhead project to use with the youngsters
- DK Puppet Theatre Group – £1443.69 This money has been used to purchase puppets and puppetry equipment to entertain, teach and provide fun events for the whole community to take part in.
- XL Mentoring – £2190.00 This money is to be used to help support those young people who are struggling and on the fringes of community by providing a mentor to meet with them
- Chatteris House Knit & Sew Group – £1377.00 This money has been used to purchase knitting and sewing materials. The sewing machines and over-locker had been supplied from a previous project that had folded
- Freshney Ward Volunteer Training – £416.12 This money was used to provide some First Aid training for volunteers within the Community
- Street Cred (Safer Homes) – £1000.00 Due to unforeseen circumstances this project did not take place.
- Fresh Voices Choir – £502.98 This money was used to purchase sweatshirts for members, recording time + CDs etc and with publicising their events for the concerts held within the community.
- Freshney Ward Community Drop In – £2454.17 This money is being used to purchase equipment to set up a ‘one stop’ information facility for all residents of Freshney Ward.
- Grimsby Jazz – £950.00 This money is being used to set up Jazz and puppetry workshops within a local school (but extra to school activities). This is the pilot scheme and if successful will be rolled out into other schools within the Ward.
- Craft Club (Junior) – £630.54 This money is being used to purchase some storage boxes and craft equipment for the craft club for ages 7 to 14 years.
- Vibe Youth Club – £475.02 This money is being used to purchase games equipment and a wall mounted cycle rack
- Discovers –£1487.00 This money is to buy camping and associated equipment to be used for expeditions/camps associated with D.O.E
- The Edge Youth Club – £1495.00 This money is being used to purchase musical equipment and accessories for the music workshop
- 1st Wybers Wood Rainbows & Brownies – £335.58 This money was used to take Rainbows to a celebration of 25 years of Rainbows and to purchase craft materials for use in their weekly meetings.
- SOFF (Supports of Freshney Families) – £1420.00 This money was used to purchase sewing machines to enable simple sewing skills to be tought and advancing into making their own clothes and presents.
- Community Games (Freshney Group) – £330.19 This money was used to purchase public liability insurance for the event being run. The event was most successful and it is hoped to be repeated in the future.
- Freshney Community Bingo Club – £500.00 This money was used towards the purchase of a bingo machine, bingo tickets and room hire costs.
- Freshney Forward – £500.00 This money was used towards games hire and public liability insurance for the Annual Fun Day.
- Jubilee Angling Club – £250.00 This money was used towards pond hire, assistance with peg fees to enable the club to participate in matches throughout the year culminating in their Charity Match.
- Willows Community Church – £840.00 This money was used to purchase games equipment for the monthly Games Evening and Youth Club and also some craft equipment for the monthly Card Class.
- Freshney Community Swimming Club – £1250.00 This money was used to help with the shortfall in rental costs for the pool.